Top 5 tips for boosting relationship satisfaction
Have you ever wondered what leads to great relationships?
In a healthy relationship, if something is bothering you, it's best to talk about it instead of holding it in. Respect each other. Your partner's wishes and feelings have value, and so do yours. Let your significant other know you are making an effort to keep their ideas in mind.
Research shows that relationship distress is 20 per cent common among married couples.
One will start to see a relationship become unhealthy when there is a communication breakdown, couples become disengaged and when there is more negativity than positive between one another.
Our top 5 tips for boosting relationship satisfaction.
- Talk about how you feel. The sharing of emotions is the glue that holds relationships together.
- Listen carefully. Acknowledge what your partner is thinking and feeling.
- Have fun! It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you do it together.
- Problem solve. Work together to tackle life’s pesky problems.
- Even the best relationships have conflict. Remember, it’s not whether you have conflict - it’s how you have it.
Want to learn more?
Boosting Relationship Satisfaction
For these top tips and other strategies join us, this Thursday, February 16 at 7:00 p.m. at Sherwood Branch, Hamilton.
Also happening this week...
Being Mindful - The Basics of Mindfulness Meditation
Thursday, February 16 at 7:00 p.m. at Terryberry Branch, Hamilton.
Memory and Aging - Practical strategies on how to improve your memory
Thursday, February 16 at 6:30 p.m. at Central Library Branch, Hamilton.
Mind Matters Speaker Series
Hamilton Public Library has partnered with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton to create a speaker series dedicated to mental health and wellness. The series will run throughout the month of February across HPL branches and is free for the general public. There are a wide range of topics for all ages ranging from memory and aging, managing big emotions and coping with anxiety. Visit www.stjoes.ca/psychologymonth for full details.