About Psychology Month
Psychology Month is an annual national campaign in February to raise awareness of the role psychology plays in people’s everyday lives, and in the community.
Beginning February 2nd, 2017 there will be a Psychology Month speaker series with experts from St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton discussing both adult, and child and youth psychology topics at various Hamilton Public Library locations.
Psychology Awareness Month occurs annually during the month of February. Hamilton Public Library has partnered with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton to create a speaker series dedicated to mental health and wellness. The series will run throughout the month of February across HPL branches and is free for the general public.
Click the above image or click here for full series details.
Hamilton Public Library
The Hamilton Public Library has created a reading list recommended by St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton psychologists and researchers on various topics aligning with Psychology month. To view the list, visit their website here: Psychology Month Events
Whether you were able to attend or not, below is a list of PowerPoint presentations that have occurred so far,
- Better solutions to prcrastination (PowerPoint), Dr. Christie Yao and Dr. Eleanor Donegan
- Understanding Chronic Pain (PowerPoint), Dr. Matilda Nowakowski and Linette Savage
- Tackling and Managing Anxiety (PowerPoint), Dr. Matilda Nowakowski and Dr. Elizabeth Pawluk
- Memory and Aging (PowerPoint) , Dr. Elmar Gardizi and Linette Savage
- Better Strategies for Engaging in Assertive Communication (PowerPoint), Handout #1 and Handout #2, Dr. Auyeung and Dr. Donegan
For more information on this year's Psychology Month, please contact,
Juliana Tobon at telephone: 905-522-1155 ext. 39167 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org