Breastfeeding & Newborn Assessment (BANA) Clinic
What this program does...
This program provides:
- Inpatient and outpatient breastfeeding support
- Infant feeding and jaundice assessment including blood work if required
- Ongoing breastfeeding support for up to 6 weeks to increase your duration of lactation
- Community supports to help you continue on your breastfeeding journey
- Support through education to promote the Baby Friendly Initiative throughout the hospital
We ask that you do not bring any valuables with you as the hospital cannot be responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
How this program helps...
- We recognize that newborn assessment and well-being is closely linked to early breastfeeding success
- A warm and caring environment where clients are supported to achieve their breastfeeding goal
- We help you build confidence in your breastfeeding
- We provide lactation support if needed to breastfeeding mothers in any other area of the hospital
- Open 7 days a week by appointment only: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- No referral needed
Learning to breastfeed takes time.