Staff Education Updates
There are monthly orientations for new staff of St. Joseph's Healthcare commencing employment at our campuses.
- All new staff must attend the General Hospital Orientation which occur on the 3rd Tuesday of every month in Conference Room 3 of the Fontbonne Building. Various presenters will speak on Mission & Values, Emergency Codes, Ergonomics, Occupational Health & Safety, Fire Safety, etc.
- Clinical Orientation begins in the afternoon on the 3rd Tuesday of every month after the General Hospital Orientation is finished and continues for six days. Some of the topics include Documentation, Consent, Ethics, Discharge Planning and Emergency Resuscitation.
- Departmental Orientation
New employees will also receive orientations from their manager/supervisor that deal with Administrative issues, WHMIS, Workplace Safety, Policies and Procedures, hospital geography and so on. See standard checklist for Departmental Orientations attached.
- Management Orientation
To ensure the smooth transition of a new manager into her/his role at St. Joseph's Healthcare, a Managment Orientation Program Guide has been developed that addresses support staff, responsibilities of the immediate supervisor, expectations, policies/procedures, organizational structure, and much more. This guide can be adapted to fit the learning needs of each new manager.
- University/College Program Students: Preceptors and/or tutors will orient new students to our Mission, Policies & Procedures, Occupational Health & Safety issues, and general physical layout.
- High School Co-op Students: Pat Catleugh (x33993), Director of Volunteer Services hosts orientation sessions at the beginning of each co-op term in September and February.
- Volunteers: Information sessions are held at least twice per month by Pat Catleugh. Call her at x33993 for more details.