Policies For Computer Use
Computers are meant for educational and research purposes regarding mental health and related topics. Priority for usage will always be given to people in recovery and family members.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the computer area.
- There is a 40-minute time limit for individuals using the computer. If there is no demand for the computer by another person when your 40 minutes are up you may request a time extension.
- Downloading any material from the Internet is not permitted on Resource Centre computers unless approved by the Coordinator.
- Computer disks, CD's, DVDs and other media from outside the Resource Centre are not permitted to be used/shared on Resource Centre Computers.
- Users are asked not to change any of the computer settings and/or default settings in any of the programs made available to them.
- Email accounts may be accessed and opened on Resource Centre computers, however, downloading of attachments is not permitted.
- Items should not be saved on the computer hard-drive. Diskettes are available in the resource centre for personal use, but will be kept in the Resource Centre if you wish to have continued use of that disk. Anything saved on the hard-drive will be deleted at the end of the day.
- Computer users are not permitted to knowingly open any sites that may be considered illegal, pornographic and/or discriminatory in nature. Users who do not comply with this policy will be banned from any further use of the Resource Centre computers.