Department Vision Statement
QPPIP is a key partner in the provision and delivery of quality patient care throughout St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton. We will not only provide timely data related to planning, patient safety and performance, but will act as an agent of change, enablers who educate, train and assist in the facilitation of quality improvement for physicians, staff and patient care.
The QPPIP model is informed by the knowledge that:
- Performance excellence/quality is an organizational priority.
- Timely and accurate data are required for sound decision making.
- A balanced scorecard approach is the performance excellence/quality measurement framework
- At SJHH quality is measured against known benchmarks and best practices and expectations are that these be met or exceeded.
- Corporate and clinical program strategic and operational planning drives strategic action plans and annual operating plans that are continuously monitored and supported by a commitment to an iterative improvement cycle.
QPPIP has a current complement of 12 staff. Staff are Masters trained. Positions within the department include:
||Quality & Patient Safety Consultant (1)
|Decision Support Consultant (1)
||Performance Improvement Consultant (4)
|Data Analyst (1)
||Quality Associate (MBA Student) (1)
|Patient Safety Facilitator (2)
||Administrative Support (1)