St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is dedicated to providing the best quality of care to all our patients, and we are proud to be part of a system that is focused on quality, accountability, transparency and results.
Ontario's hospitals operate in one of the most demanding accountability and transparency environments in Canada. Virtually every aspect of hospitals’ performance is regularly subject to external, independent scrutiny. Hospitals have initiated or played a key role in shaping most of their stringent accountability measures. Some of Ontario transparency efforts include:
- Reviews by the Auditor General of Ontario
- Accreditation by Accreditation Canada
- Quality & Safety Performance indicators on every hospitals’ website
- Reporting quality measures on a consumer-oriented website, myhospitalcare.ca
- Hospital Service Accountability Agreements
- Public Reporting of Wait Times through the Ontario Wait Time’s Strategy
- Participating in Public Sector Salary Disclosure.
- Detailed information on our total number of beds, staffing ratios, safety and transparency measures, and visitor information
For further information on other SJHH accountability initiatives, please contact the Public Affairs department at 905-522-1155 ext. 33408 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org