ServicesReference Services | Document Delivery | Photocopying | Fee for Service | Computer Searching Services | Library Orientation
Reference ServicesLibrary staff available for:
- assistance in researching a project
- instruction on using online resources
- help with style and format of bibliographies
- assistance in finding mail or e-mail addresses, telephone or fax numbers of health professionals, organizations, hospitals and universities
- verification of references and much more
Document DeliveryFor Charlton Campus, order at firstname.lastname@example.org . For West 5th Campus, order at email@example.com
Books and journals not owned by our library can be obtained through:
- Hamilton & District Health Library Network Turn around time is usually within 2 days. McMaster charges $3. per article or book chapter. There are no charges from other local libraries.
- Interlibrary Loans (Outside of Hamilton) Turn around time is usually from 1 to 10 days. The cost ranges from $3 to $18 per article. There is no charge for borrowing books.
- Urgent Document Delivery: Our Same Day Service
- National: Articles faxed for $30 each from National Libraries.
PhotocopyingLibrary photocopy machines can be used with:
- Departmental I.D. numbers obtained from your own department
- Coin box for any denomination at 10 cents per page
- Copy cards purchased in our library for 10 cents per page in these amounts: 50 copies for $5, 100 copies for $10 and 200 copies for $20
Fee for ServiceThe following services can be obtained for a fee for patrons not affiliated with St. Joseph's Healthcare.
- Document delivery
- Literature Searches on electronic databases or the internet
- Sending Faxes
Computer Searching ServicesLibrary staff will perform automated database searches upon request or patrons are welcome to do their own searching on one of the many end-user terminals in the library.
Literature searching techniques and training are also available upon request. Call for an appointment. Extensive searches can be downloaded onto a disk or USB or sent via e-mail.